happy new years eve

I know the calendar says otherwise, but the first day of school always feels like the start of the new year to me. A fresh start. It is always an exciting time of year. And since tomorrow Amelia starts 1st grade (which she told me meant she was no longer the baby of the school) that means today is New Years Eve!

So we will celebrate.


Get a few last hours of pool time in


and soak up every last minute of this beautiful summer. It has been a great one and we are all sad for it to end.

I also want to say that although this isn't a place where I usually discuss politics or social issues it is hard for me not to say something about what has been going on in this town that I love. It has been a hard week for everyone in St. Louis and if you pray, meditate or whatever has meaning to you, I ask that you send positive energy and reconciliation to my neck of the woods. This isn't a regional problem but a national issue and I'm hopeful that something positive will come from what seems so incomprehensible.


May the New Year bring new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment