20 facts

Well there seems to be an unintentional theme going this week at LBD. I was tagged on Instagram by my dear Shelley at Crazy Wonderful to share 20 facts about myself. So in keeping with Monday's post, let's share some more today, shall we?


1. I'm left-handed and therefore I am not too great at using scissors.

2. I quote movies. Everyday all day long. The hubs and I talk in movie quotes and now even my girls have started quoting movies. It can't be explained. Most of the time people have no idea what I'm saying.

3. I got a perm the summer before my freshman year of college and I realized it was a mistake the day after I got it. I spent the summer washing my hair and trying my best to brush that sucker into submission.

4. I'm horrific at small talk. I don't like it and I don't do it well. So it worked out well to have married a man who is king of small talk. He can just do it for me.

5. Music is very important to me and Pandora is on all day everyday.  We listen to a lot of different things but my girls' favorite station is The GoGo's. I had three older sisters who had vastly different tastes in music and because of this I have a wide range of likes when it comes to music and I want my daughter's to have the same. Nothing makes me prouder than my girls knowing Eleanor Rigby, The Gambler and a lot in between.

6. I've been to each and every state in the lower 48. All by car. (a layover in an airport somewhere doesn't count). And of those states, I've been to 40 state capitals. We were a road trip family and my mom has a thing for state capitals.

7. I only have one pair of jeans. I'd much rather be in a dress or skirt. Or PJ pants quite frankly.

8. If I hear "I want a snack" one more time, I very well may loose my mind.

9. Patience is not something I have a lot of. Kids have helped with that a little. A little.

10. No one makes me laugh more than my husband.

11. My freshman year of high school my civics class attended a local political debate. I stood up and asked the opponent a pointed question and he told me, with microphone in hand, that if I wasn't careful people would start calling me "the B word." My teacher told me that women will face that when challenging a man but to stay strong and speak my mind. That teacher was a 60 year old man and he gave me my best women's lib moment.

12. I am a working mom, but I stay at home. And because of this, I don't feel like I fit well into either 'mom group'. This makes small talk at the playground difficult. Well, that and #4 above.

13.  My girls are smarter, stronger and funnier than I had ever imagined and I feel like I can't take any credit for that. They came that way and I can't wait to see what they become.

14. I was in a sorority in college and I loved every minute of it. Many of my dear friends are from that time in my life and the whole experience was positive from start to finish.

15. After college I was going to move to Ireland and open a bar called the Lactose Intolerant Monkey.

16. I met my husband in a bar in college. He was a bartender and I never paid for beer again.

17. I did go to Ireland after college, but came back due to #16.

18. I always imagined myself as a big city dweller, but I quickly realized that I am truly a small town girl. As long as I have a big city near by to visit once in a while, I'm happy with a quieter life.

19. I don't think TV is evil. How can something that created The Golden Girls be evil?

20. I like to prank call my husband during the day sometimes. Everyone needs a laughter break at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment